There are no standard, industry-approved specifications for pallets. Watch our short video and download our guide for all you need to know to make sure a supplier’s pallet specs will work for your company.
Pallets are not interchangeable. Different grades deliver different levels of performance. Since there are no standard, industry-approved specifications for pallets, consider these factors to make sure a supplier’s pallet specs will work for you.
Get The Full Guide
Download our full guide for more information on how to make sure a supplier's pallet specs will align with your needs.
Consider These Factors:
1) Your supplier’s specs. Make sure they are published, and the same regardless of facility of origin.
2) The product going on the pallet. Typically, the more complex the product, the higher the grade needed.
3) Your retailer customers’ specs. Retailers have requirements for pallets, so make sure yours fit their specifications.
4) Your operation’s automation requirements. Automation is all about standardization. Ensure your pallets work at every stage, from filling to packing.
5) Your racking system. Rack design and configuration influences which pallet grade is most appropriate.
6) Your pallet supplier. Providers’ pallet nomenclature, specs, and overall approach varies. Ensure your supplier can complete a thorough review of your operation to determine the best pallet recommendation.
48forty can help make sure you get the pallets best suited to your operation (and supply chain.) Get in touch to learn more or call 1-877-779-8577 to hear how we can help.
Natalya is Director of Marketing & Customer Experience at 48forty. She has more than 18 years of industry experience with a strong focus on cross functional sales, marketing, and customer service. Read more about Natalya here.